As part of the Environment Effects Statement, Essential Economics Pty Ltd provided expert analysis and advice to the Victoria Department of Sustainability and Environment regarding potential economic impacts arising from the proposed $4 billion Victorian Desalination Project.
The assessment included:
- demographic analysis,
- stakeholder consultation,
- impact on national and state economies,
- industry specific impacts,
- impacts on Bass Coast communities,
- mitigation measures,
- risk assessment and
- project performance requirements.
Essential Economics appeared in an Expert Witness capacity on behalf of the Department of Sustainability and Environment at the subsequent Panel.